Anal fissures are cuts or tears in the lining of the anal canal. They occur when the anal tissue stretches beyond its limit, causing bleeding and severe pain. Anal fissures can be painful, that they disrupt everyday activities.
While passing large, dry, hard stool overstretching, usually occurs and causes tears. The fissure may be acute or chronic and may affect people of all ages. If you are facing the same problems contact the best fissure doctor near me.
The most common warning sign of an anal fissure are:
- Severe pain during a bowel movement
- Blood in stool
- Visible tear
- A small lump like a skin tag near the anus
- Burning or itching sensation
- Discomfort when urinating
The severe pain you feel during a bowel movement will scare you of going to, but holding the stool will increase your risk of constipation and passing hard dry stools that may cause further damage.
If the case is serious, then visit a fissure doctor near me who is a colon and rectal specialist. The doctor will discuss your symptoms and medical history with you. Then there will be a visual exam of the anal region.
The doctor may recommend further testing if the patients have an underlying condition:-
- Anoscopy – An anoscope is a tubular device that the doctor inserts into the rectum and visualizes the rectum.
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy – A doctor will insert a thin, flexible tube with a tiny video into the bottom part of the colon. This test can be done if the patient is under the age of 50 and there is no risk factor for bowel disease or colon cancer.
- Colonoscopy – Inspect the entire colon by inserting a flexible tube into the rectum. This test can be done if the patient is over 50 years of age or has a risk factor for colon cancer.
Most anal fissures heal within eight weeks with early diagnosis and treatment. But, if you ignore the warning signs and do not go for any treatment, you may end up with a chronic anal fissure.
Your doctor first recommends the conventional treatment through stool softeners and medicated creams. If this does not reduce your symptoms and heal within a couple of weeks, then you may need to do laser surgery in NCR to find lasting relief.
When surgery is required for an anal fissure, a lateral internal sphincterotomy is the most preferred procedure. During this surgery, the surgeon will make a small incision in the skin inside your anus, which allows it to relax. The incision made in your skin may be stitched closed to speed healing in order.
Laser surgery in NCR is the standard treatment for anal fissures that reduced the risk of recurrence.
Most people who undergo a lateral internal sphincterotomy surgery can return to their normal lifestyle after two weeks. The primary goal of this procedure is to allow the anal area to relax and heal.
There is a low risk of complications from this surgery compared to the traditional one, which has a high risk of recurrence and incontinence. Laser360Clinic has secured its name as the best laser surgery NCR that provides the best of its services.
For Full Audio Version: