A tear in the lining of the anus is an anal fissure or simply called fissure. The crack in the skin causes extreme pain. It also causes bleeding during the bowel movements. Even though fissures are common, they’re confused with other causes of bleeding and pain, such as piles.
A fissure may lead to more severe complications if left untreated. It affects people of any age. At Laser 360 Clinic, we specialize in laser treatment for fissure. We perform the Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy procedure using laser and painlessly treat the problem. The procedure lasts for 30 minutes and there are no chances of recurrence. This process is also painless and bloodless as it doesn’t involve any big cuts requiring stitches. For more knowledge, you can schedule a consultation appointment with our specialists.
Now, take a look below at the foods that you should avoid if you have fissure.
- Sugary items – Cakes, pastries, cookies, doughnuts and such other food items that contain a lot of sugar should be avoided. They’re just high in fat, but low in fluid and fiber.
- White flour – Eating food items made of white flour forms a sticky paste that results in slowing the bowel movement. This causes constipation, itching and burning, and worsening fissure.
- Processed or junk food items – You must avoid constipation at all costs when you have fissure, and therefore, stay away from processed and junk foods. Only eat fresh foods that contain fiber and nutrients.
- Unripe bananas – Bananas are good for health, but not unripe ones. Unripe bananas can cause constipation and make things worse. Eat ripe bananas if you’re feeling constipated.
- Fried food items – Fried foods are tasty, but they’re not the easiest to digest. Our body takes a long time to digest fried items, and therefore, causes constipation. Also, the high fat content slows the bowel movement.
- Hot and spicy food items – Hot, spicy and pickled food items can cause irritation and excessive burning sensation to the anal canal as they pass through during bowel movements. Best to avoid such foods if you have fissure.
- Dairy products – Ice cream, cheese and other such dairy products are difficult to digest. They cause problems in the digestive tract. They’re very high in fat, but low in fiber. So, it is best to avoid them as they can not only make you feel constipated, but also slow down the healing process.
So, stay away from the aforementioned food items to avoid worsening anal fissure.
But, you still need to get treatment. For that, you can avail the best laser treatment for fissure in Delhi from Laser 360 Clinic. We are the leading laser treatment clinic in India and work with a team of experienced laser experts. With our modern LIS procedure, we can end your suffering in just few minutes and you can go back to your normal routine within 24-48 hours. Also, there’s no need to visit us after laser surgery because this surgery doesn’t involve stitches or big cuts.