Piles can be referred to as swellings that develop around and inside the anus. They’re cushions of tissues that consist of muscles, blood vessels, and so on. They’re present in varied sizes and might also be outside the anus. Generally, they disappear on their own and are not considered to be a serious problem. But, sometimes, surgical procedures are required to remove them. Thankfully, the introduction of laser surgery for piles has removed fear from the hearts of people who dread having to go under the knife. Laser surgery is a minimally invasive procedure with a quick recovery rate.
However, you would still want to avoid going to a hospital or clinic if you can help it. So, Laser 360 Clinic has outlined below some of the home remedies for piles that you can consider. If it is still not controlled, you can come to us for consultation on piles laser surgery.
How to ascertain that you’re suffering from piles?
Very often, people don’t even realize that they’re suffering from piles. You have to be careful about noticing the symptoms and taking immediate steps. The most common symptom is bleeding and pain in the anus. Most people develop swellings or lumps in the area. Anal discharge and itching are also quite common.
Once you notice these symptoms, follow the given home remedies and you should be able to treat piles yourself.
- Castor oil – Castor oil is anti-fungal, anti-oxidant rich, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It has the power to reduce the size of the piles and also decrease pain in the individual. You can consume 3ml of castor oil mixed with milk every night. You can also apply it to the affected area.
- Avoid heavy food during dinner – Your dietary habits are often the main cause of health issues that you’re suffering today including piles. To treat piles, you must eat foods that reduce constipation. Make sure to avoid eating food that contains a lot of fiber because fiber has the capacity of forming bulk. Deep-fried foods should also be avoided as they tend to slow down the digestive system which results in irregular bowel movements. Also, spicy food should be avoided as they cause irritation and pain.
- Increase your water intake – Drinking lots of water is the simplest way to cure piles. A healthy diet supplemented by adequate water consumption leads to healthy bowel movements. Water prevents constipation and ensures that your digestive system is smooth.
- Eat salads – Healthy eating will not only cure piles but improve your overall well-being. You can consume cucumber every day as it contains water. Eat carrots as it has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Moreover, they include vitamin K and C. It is also easy to whip up a salad.
Some other home remedies that you can consider include:
- Taking warm baths with Epsom salt
- Applying coconut oil to the affected area to reduce swelling and itching
- Applying aloe Vera to the affected area to get relief from swelling, itching, and burning
- Apply cold or ice packs to get relief from inflammation and pain
In cases where the pain is too excruciating, you are advised to come to the Laser 360 Clinic. We offer laser treatment for piles. The procedure is non-invasive and you will get relief from inflammation and pain within a few hours. Get in touch to get an in-depth insight into laser surgery.