The pilonidal sinus is a small channel or hole in the skin. It is also referred to as a pilonidal cyst, Sacrococcygeal fistula, or Pilonidal abscess. This typically develops over the tailbone and the presence of hair is a distinctive feature of this condition. The cyst is filled with dirt, puss, and debris, and if you don’t treat it, you can experience excruciating pain and also a foul-smelling discharge from the cyst. This generally happens to people who wear very tight clothes or are engaged in some kind of work that requires them to sit for long hours. Hormonal changes, hair puncture, and excess coarse hair growth are other causes of Pilonidal sinus.
Previously, the only treatment available for Pilonidal sinus was traditional surgery. We all know how painful that can be! Along with pain, traditional surgery is quite risky as it makes the patient vulnerable to loss of blood, infection from the cut or sutures, and so on. Moreover, the recovery period is very long since the cut and stitches have to heal properly before one can get back to normal life. Luckily, thanks to the advancements in science, you have an alternative today – laser treatment for Pilonidal sinus. At Laser 360 Clinic, we advocate modern laser treatment for helping patients overcome pain and lead painless life.
Let us tell you why we consider the advanced laser procedure to be the best for the Pilonidal sinus.
- Laser-assisted technique for getting rid of Pilonidal cyst is more effective than the other remedies available today.
- We use laser radial fiber to quickly and painlessly ablate the sinus tract. The track is also cleaned thoroughly of any infected tissue. Then, the abnormal pathway is closed off and ablated using laser energy.
- Laser technique does not involve opening the sinus tract, which means you don’t have to worry about wounds and cuts. We will not cut you open to treat your Pilonidal sinus. Laser treatment is minimally invasive and we will only make a small hole through which the laser energy will pass.
- The laser procedure is practically painless and there’s no loss of blood since we are not cutting you open. This also means that you don’t need sutures for stitching.
- The entire procedure takes only about thirty minutes or at the most forty minutes. You can opt for this treatment as a daycare procedure.
- Since the procedure is minimally invasive, you don’t have to worry about scars on your skin. The procedure is scarless.
The main reason why people stay away from surgery is that the procedure is painful, there are chances of a lot of blood loss and the stitches take too long to heal. Some people even develop the infection if they don’t care about the stitches. With Laser 360 Clinic, you don’t have to go through such a scary experience. Just come to our laser clinic in NCR for a consultation and we will walk you through the process. The surgery will be over even before you know it and you won’t feel a thing. Contact us right away.