You should not take anal fissure lightly. If there is pain in the anal area, you should get it checked right away. At Laser 360 Clinic, we specialize in offering laser treatment for fissure in NCR, Delhi and the entire procedure takes about 30 minutes to finish. Laser treatment is minimally invasive and you’ll hardly experience any pain.
Now, let us tell you about anal fissure so that you can identify the condition and come to us.
What is Anal Fissure?
An anal fissure is a crack, cut or small anal tear in the lining of the anus. The tear or cut can extend into the anal canal. This tear causes excruciating pain and you may also notice red blood coming out during, as well as, after bowel movements. You may also experience itching or a foul-smelling discharge.
What are the Symptoms?
The most common symptoms and signs of an anal fissure are:
- Pain – You’ll experience pain, especially when you are passing stools. The pain is going to be sharp and there might even be deep burning sensations. A lot of patients out off going to the toilet out of fear of pain and this increasing the risk of constipation. The pain might be worse if you delay going to the bathroom and your stools become larger and harder.
- Itching – You’ll experience itching in the anal area and the sensation might be persistent or intermittent.
- Blood – Since the blood that will come out is going to be fresh, it will be red in color. You might even notice blood on the toilet paper when cleaning your anal area.
- Dysuria –You may even experience discomfort when urinating. But, this is not very common.
What are the Causes?
An anal fissure can happen due to a number of reasons. Some of the causes are given below.
- Diarrhea – If you are experiencing repeated diarrhea, it may cause an anal fissure.
- Constipation – If you frequently feel constipated and pass hard, large stools, you are likely to develop an anal fissure.
- Pregnancy and childbirth – When it comes to developing an anal fissure, pregnant woman are at a higher risk. This may happen toward the end of the pregnancy. During childbirth, the lining of the anus might tear.
- Muscle spasms – Anal sphincter muscle spasms might increase the risk of developing an anal fissure. Muscle spasms are believed to be automatic, brief jerking muscle movement. It can cause the muscle to tighten suddenly. These spasms can also undermine the process of healing.
- Anal sex – It is rare, but not completely unheard of. An anal fissure might be caused due to anal sex.
- STIs – STIs or STDs are linked with anal fissures. HIV, syphilis and HPV are some of the conditions that might increase your chances of having an anal fissure.
- Underlying conditions – Anal fissures might also be caused due to certain underlying conditions like, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and such other inflammatory bowel diseases that result in forming ulcers in the anal area.
Regardless of why you have anal fissure, know that it is an extremely painful condition and it can stop you from living a normal life. Fortunately, you don’t have to suffer and can avail Laser 360 Clinic’s best laser treatment for fissure in NCR. We have years of experience in performing a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy procedure using laser.
Compared to conventional anal fissure treatment, laser treatment for fissure is painless and doesn’t involve cuts or wounds. You wouldn’t even have scars from a laser surgery. We can perform this surgery as a daycare procedure and you’ll be relieved from pain within 30 minutes. To know more, schedule a consultation appointment with our laser experts.